CBD oil is becoming more ubiquitous. From CBD oil-infused cosmetics, lotions, tinctures, etc. CBD oil is getting its fair share of the limelight—and with good reason. CBD is good for you inside and out and most especially on the skin. With CBD’s anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties, it’s found a great application in massage oils. But, Are massage oils with CBD worth it? This article will look into the types of massage, their benefits, CBD oil benefits, and how CBD oil compliments massage therapy.
The natural benefits of body massage.
Have you ever wondered why you feel relaxed after a massage? It’s because it causes your brain to release certain feel-good chemicals like endorphins that trigger a positive and relaxed feeling in the body.
A German study found that just ten minutes of massage can activate the body’s system for coping with stress. In addition to giving you a sense of well-being, massage also reduces the levels of stress hormones like cortisol, norepinephrine, and adrenalin. According to the Better Health Channel, studies show that high levels of these stress hormones can impair the immune system.
- Helps to reduce anxiety – Massage therapy can help you relax. For just a few minutes to an hour, you can let go of all your anxious, fearful, and negative thoughts behind you and just focus on the moment.
- Helps to reduce muscle tension – massage helps to increase blood circulation. It also helps to stretch and loosen muscles to increase flexibility.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system – lymphatic drainage massage is a type of massage that helps move lymph fluids around the body. Our lymphatic system does the all-important work of helping remove waste and toxins from tissues. Simulating them with a particular type of massage can help people with lymphedema, chronic venous insufficiency, and more.
- Improves skin tone – Massage increases circulation; plus, CBD oil nourishes and hydrates the skin.
- Massage helps in tissue recovery – After an intense workout, muscles can have micro-tears and damage. Massage helps with blood circulation, which in turn helps damaged muscles get oxygen-rich blood to encourage healing.
Common massage techniques.
There are plenty of massage types out there that you can try. Here’s a list of the most common ones you can find anywhere.
- Swedish massage – An excellent massage for beginners and the most popular type of massage. It was developed to help relax your mind and body. This type often involves soft, gentle, and kneading strokes and light tapping strokes to help relieve tension and ease muscle tightness.
- Deep tissue massage – This type of massage is better for those who can tolerate more pressure. The techniques used are similar to Swedish massage, but the pressure and intensity increase when working on tight muscles. This kind of massage is aimed at releasing muscle tension and knots.
- Sports massage – This type of massage is often used by athletes to prepare and recover from intense training. It’s also used to help loosen muscles to prevent injury.
- Shiatsu massage – Also referred to as acupressure massage. This type of massage uses pressure in certain parts of the body or pressure points to provide relief. Pushing these pressure points is thought to help restore the balance of energy, mind, and body.
- Aromatherapy massage – This type can use any of the massage styles above but with a combination of aromatherapy. This massage uses essential oils to help the body relax and to relieve muscle tension.
Can CBD play a role in massage therapy?
CBD has plenty to offer, from helping ease pain, especially for ailments like arthritis and fibromyalgia, to help with anxiety. CBD oil is also great for the skin because of its anti-inflammatory and hydrating benefits. The American Academy of Dermatology noted the benefits of topical cannabis to improve skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, and eczema with no adverse side effects associated with their use.
So CBD oil works two-fold in a massage. Firstly, it helps hydrate the skin and delivers its anti-inflammatory benefits. Secondly, it helps to ease and relieve muscle pain from muscle tension and knots.
So, is CBD massage oil worth it? The answer is… YES! CBD oil is definitely worth a try. If you suffer from muscle pain or if you just want to enhance your massage experience, CBD oil may be the right one for you.
The most important thing you have to remember is what kind of CBD oil you use. Find out if your CBD oil is CBD isolate, Full-spectrum CBD, or Broad-spectrum CBD oil and what other ingredients are added to the oil.
Ready to add CBD oil to your messages but don’t know what to get or where to start? Skinsations CBD Massage Oil is a full-spectrum CBD oil that provides all the benefits of CBD with all the skin-loving and antioxidant-rich benefits of four natural oils. Skinsations CBD Massage Oil is also an all-natural body oil and skin moisturizer. Order a bottle today!